[lcphys 141] Linear Collider (JLC) 'Roadmap Report'

Subject:   [lcphys 141] Linear Collider (JLC) 'Roadmap Report'
From:   Sachio Komamiya <sachio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Wed, 15 Jan 2003 19:13:06 +0900

Dear friends,

As many of you may have heard, we have been working hard to prepare
our Linear Collider (JLC) 'Roadmap Report' for presentation at
the upcoming ACFA Linear Collider Symposium. The Symposium is
scheduled to be held on 12th of February in Tsukuba, Japan,
approximately a month from now. This report will be published under
the authorship of three organizations and their members: (1) ACFA,
(2) Japan High Energy Physics Committee and (3) KEK, High Energy
Accelerator Research Organization.

We are pleased to inform you that the 'First Order' draft of this
report has been made available today for viewing and reviews by the
authoring community members. The purpose of this release is to
share the contents of the draft and ask for comments, inputs and
suggestions for possible improvements from the community members
like you around the JLC project.

The draft in the form of PDF files is available from:

http://lcdev.kek.jp/RMdraft/
username : RMdraft
passward : acfalc

The Chapter for the Cost Evaluation and the Chapter for the Conclusions
are not yet ready for release. Some parts of the Chapters for the
Accelerator and Site Studies are not yet fully completed, either.

We would be grateful if you could send in your comments to the address
that is mentioned in the web page above. We also appreciate your
inputs concerning possible omissions or errors found in the author
list.  We would like to make sure that all the community members who
have contributed to or who seriously intend to contribute to this
important project be adequately recognized in the list.

The contents of this report will be continually edited till early
February, 2003. Semi-periodic updates (roughly once a week) are
expected. The final form of this report will be released at the
time of the ACFA LC Symposium, and will be published in a printed form
soon afterwards.

Finally, being "the first order draft" as mentioned above, this
release is not for general public consumption outside the authoring
communities, nor for mass reproduction. We would appreciate if you
could pay attention to this fact and treat this draft as such.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation.

                                     Best regards,

                                     Sachio Komamiya
                                   Representing the writing committee
                                   of the ACFA Linear Collider Roadmap Report
Secretary to ACFA LC Symposium
E-mail: acfalc@xxxxxxxxxxx/hayashiy@xxxxxxxxxxx
TEL: +81-298-64-5214
FAX: +81-298-64-3182