[lcphys 155] Re: Candidate names for ACFA Linear Collider Project

Subject:   [lcphys 155] Re: Candidate names for ACFA Linear Collider Project
From:   Sameen Ahmed Khan <sameen.khan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Fri, 31 Jan 2003 03:22:43 +0100 (MET)

This is one more attempt to send the following message:

                  29 January 2003 (01:37 Atlanta Time)

Dear Friends,

Greetings!

Pleased to see the very detailed "JLC Roadmap Report".
It is a privilege for me to be associated with the
Novel Project.

*****

I have a few suggestions for the possible name of
the Linear Collider:

International Accelerator Laboratory (IAL)
Asian Accelerator Laboratory (AAL)

International Accelerator Centre (IAC)
Asian Accelerator Centre (AAC)

International Linear Accelerator Centre (ILAC)
Asian Linear Accelerator Centre (ALAC)

International Centre for Linear Accelerators (ICLA)
Asian Centre for Linear Accelerators (ACLA)

*****

I had used the name AAL in the following:

Sameen Ahmed Khan,
When will there be an Asian Accelerator Laboratory?,
ICFA Beam Dynamics Newsletter,
No. 28, pp. 49-54 (September 2002).

Sameen Ahmed Khan,
Prospects for an Asian Accelerator Laboratory,
AAPPS Bulletin, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 21-27 (June 2002).

Sameen Ahmed Khan,
Synchrotron Radiation (in Asia),
ATIP Report No. ATIP02.034, (21 August 2002).
(Asian Technology Information Program, Tokyo, Japan, 2002).

Thanking you,

With very warm regards + best wishes,

Sameen Ahmed Khan

http://www.pd.infn.it/~khan/   rohelakhan@xxxxxxxxxxx