[lcphys 330] Re: Invitation to the Higgs physics working group within the ALCPG Workshop at Snowmass (14-27 August)

Subject:   [lcphys 330] Re: Invitation to the Higgs physics working group within the ALCPG Workshop at Snowmass (14-27 August)
From:   "Shinya Kanemura" <kanemu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Tue, 28 Jun 2005 01:53:04 +0900

Dear Colleagues,

We are organizing the Higgs physics working group within the ALCPG Workshop
at Snowmass (14-27 August).  We invite you to contribute to this working
group.

Details on the Workshop and the general charge for the physics working
groups can be found at
https://alcpg2005.colorado.edu/alcpg2005/purpose/phys-charge .

The topics that should be addressed by our working group are listed below.
If you intend to contribute on one of these topics (or on another relevant
topic for Higgs or precision electroweak physics that might have been
omitted from this list) please contact us.

Topics:

1) What are the most important measurements that the ILC should
   perform within Higgs and precision electroweak physics?

   a) Measurements of the Higgs profile: mass, spin, CP, couplings,
   width.

   b) Discovery and measurement of heavy MSSM Higgs states H, A, H+-.

   c) Z-pole measurements, WW production.

2) For each of these measurements, what criteria for the detectors are
   necessary to allow measurements to the appropriate precision?
   Tracking, vertexing, ECal, ...

3) What are the theoretical issues that need to be addressed in order
   to take full advantage of the precision of the ILC measurements?
   Higher-order QCD corrections, model in/dependence, ...

4) What are the key measurements by which the ILC will add to what is
   already known from the LHC?

5) What are the key measurements by which running in gamma-gamma mode
   will add to what is known from the e+e- running?  Are there crucial
   measurements that require running in gamma-gamma mode?

Best regards,

 Sven Heinemeyer - Sven.Heinemeyer@xxxxxxx  Shinya Kanemura -
kanemu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Heather Logan - logan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Alexei Raspereza - rasp@xxxxxxxxxxxx  Tim Tait - tait@xxxxxxx

P.S. We apologize if you have received this message more than once.