Minutes of FFIR / ILC-Asia WG4 / ATF2 meetings
Minutes of the ATF2 weekly meeting can be read here.
- February 22, 2006 : 56th ILC-Asia WG4 and 133rd FFIR meeting; update of the ATF2 optics (optimal v.3.1) by M.Woodley, no.of movers and sextupole component in Bends by S.Kuroda, report of the LEP meeting at CERN by K.Kubo, cable length of the movers (discussion), and organization of BDS/MDI working group in Japan by T.Sanuki
- February 15, 2006, 55th ILC-Asia WG4 and 132nd FFIR meeting; report of the video meeting on the FD system, responsibilities in the ATF2 project and number of movers.
- February 9, 2006, Video meeting with LAPP, Orsay, (SLAC), Tokyo university and KEK : Presentations ; CLIC active table by LAPP ( pdf, ppt ), support of the Shintake monitor by Tokyo university ( pdf ), GM at the ATF/ATF2 at KEK (pdf), information from SLAC ( dimension of QC3, base plate, T plate and photo of QC3 )
- February 8, 2006, 54th ILC-Asia WG4 and 131st FFIR meeting; Summaries from the ATF2 project meeting.
- February 1, 2006, 53rd ILC-Asia WG4 and 130th FFIR meeting; IHEP trip report on the production of Q-magnets by R.Sugahara, Draft of the Agenda at ATF2 project meeting by T. Tauchi.
- January 26, 2006, presentations : Video meeting with PAL, SLAC and KEK : QBPM production status (ppt) and its support (ppt) by J.Huang, Status of cavity BPM development (pdf ) by Y.Honda
ILC-Asia WG4 : Simulation of multiple Q dK2 errors (ppt ) by S.Kuroda,
- January 18, 2006, 51st ILC-Asia WG4 and 129th FFIR meeting ( draft agenda ) ; Power supply system by M.Kumada (cost, schedule and comparison with the SLAC system ), stability with the 250(100)ppm system by S.Kuroda ( pdf ), Sensitivity to the vibration of each quadrupole by T.Okugi ( pdf ), Status of Q-BPM and IP-BPM by Y.Honda ( pdf ) and the overall schedule by T.Tauchi ( pdf )
- December 21, 2005, 50th ILC-Asia WG4 and 128th FFIR meeting; QBPM and IP-BPM, Shintake monitor, Power supply and the ATF2 group meeting in future.
- December 14, 2005, 49th ILC-Asia WG4 and 127th FFIR meeting; WG4 after the GDE meeting or for RDR, Shintake monitor (specification of laser system, upgrade to 532nm, simulation), the laser optics test bench, Q-magnet at IHEP, Commissioning and BBA, ATF2 group meeting.
- November 30, 2005, 48th ILC-Asia WG4 and 126th FFIR meeting; ATF2 proposal vol.2, Shintake monitor (laser checkout, beam halo, simulation of the detector), Laser system for Shintake monitor, Commissioning, Q-magnet at IHEP and QBPM-bid.
- November 16, 2005, 47th ILC-Asia WG4 and 125th FFIR meeting; beamline configuration, Shintake monitor (signal estimation, test bench study and laser system ) , manpower estimation and ILC-BDS-BCD discussion
- November 9, 2005, 46th ILC-Asia WG4 and 124th FFIR meeting; Shintake monitor (laser system), ATF2 schedule and three bunch extraction with 330nsec bunch-separation by new extraction kickers,
- November 2, 2005, 45th ILC-Asia WG4 and 123rd FFIR meeting; ATF2 area for the Shintake monitor (ppt and pdf) and the layout (pdf), beam halo control by octupole ( ppt and pdf) , after the meeting we received his followup file ( ppt and pdf) which shows that QBPMs with 20mm diameter located at QF9 and QF5 can be collimator for the QF1.
- October 26, 2005, 44th ILC-Asia WG4 and 122nd FFIR meeting; ATF2 proposal Vol.2, modification of the extraction line for the ATF2 (ppt and pdf), status of prototype of QBPMs ( pdf) and commissioning strategy (instrumentation).
- October 12, 2005, 43rd ILC-Asia WG4 and 121st FFIR meeting; ATF2 proposal Vol.2, Shintake monitor , commissioning strategy (instrumentation).
- October 5, 2005, 42nd ILC-Asia WG4 and 120th FFIR meeting; ATF2 proposal Vol.2, Shintake monitor , Qs and Skew-Qs in the diagnostic section, TV meeting on QBPM, IHEP trip report (magnets), commissioning strategy (instrumentation) and BDS-BCD updates.
- September 29, 2005, TV/video meeting between PAL. SLAC and KEK for the ATF2 QBPM. Status of prototype QBPM at PAL, Status of prototype at KEK, production type design, Status of electronics at SLAC, and Updated antenna method at KEK.
- September 28, 2005, 41th ILC-Asia WG4 and 119th FFIR meeting; ATF2 proposal Vol.2, Shintake monitor (gamma detector) , optics: skew-Qs, commissioning strategy and BDS-BCD.
- September 21, 2005, 40th ILC-Asia WG4 and 118th FFIR meeting; ATF2 proposal Vol.2, Shintake monitor (gamma detector) , novel beam size monitor, BDS-BCD etc..
- September 14, 2005, 39th ILC-Asia WG4 and 117th FFIR meeting; Budget situation, Shintake monitor (gamma detector) , IP-BPM.
- September 7, 2005, 38th ILC-Asia WG4 and 116th FFIR meeting; Budget in FY2005, Shintake monitor, magnetic field measurement, 6-pole component in the Q-magnet, layout, ATF2 proposal and BCD.
- August 10, 2005, 37th ILC-Asia WG4 and 115th FFIR meeting; SNOWMASS, ATF2 proposal, Shintake monitor, laser facility, magnet, QBPM and tolerance of Q-magnets.
- August 3, 2005, 36th ILC-Asia WG4 and 114th FFIR meeting , ATF2 proposal, Shintake monitor, distance between magnets with bellow and Q-BPM, Radiation safety issues at ATF2, SNOWMASS plan.
- July 27, 2005, 35th ILC-Asia WG4 and 113rd FFIR meeting , PLC facility at the ATF2, Shintake monitor (background estimation), -5m short beam line by M.Woodley and SNOWMASS plan.
- July 20, 2005, 34th ILC-Asia WG4 and 112th FFIR meeting , tolerance of 6-poles in the Q-magnets (pdf, ppt, Kuroda), Shintake monitor (Suehara), report of visit to IHEP for the Q-magnets (pdf, ppt, masuzawa) and Q-BPMs ( (pdf, Honda).
- July 6, 2005, 33rd ILC-Asia WG4 and 111th FFIR meeting , Shintake monitor:downstream of IP (Suehara), new beam size monitor by CSR at IP (Naito) and report of visit to PAL for Q-BPMs (Tauchi).
- June 26, 2005, 32nd ILC-Asia WG4 and 110th FFIR meeting , updated tolerance of Q-magnets (K1) by S.Kuroda, Shintake monitor by T.Suehara, magnet and power supply updates by R.Sugahara
- June 30 and July 1-2, 2005, ATF2 Q-BPM meeting at PAL; slides : electrical design, prototype test and talk at the BDIR workshop by Y. Honda, Present status of Electrical center scan by Antenna at KEK by Y.Inoue, R&D for Fabrication of the KEK Cavity BPM ( pdf, and ppt ) by Seung Hwan Kim, Y. J. Park and J. Y. Huang.
- June 15, 2005, 31st ILC-Asia WG4 and 109th FFIR meeting , updated tolerance of Q-magnets (K1) by S.Kuroda, Shintake monitor:beam halo, bkg by T.Suehara
- June 8, 2005, 30th ILC-Asia WG4 and 108th FFIR meeting , Shintake monitor:Beam halo and background study by T.Suehara, tolerance of Q-magnets (K1) by S.Kuroda, discusssion
- June 1, 2005, slides : series of meeting/workshop for 28-31 May by T.Tauchi, Shintake monitor by T.Suehara.
- May 25, 2005, slides : Shintake monitor by T.Suehara, Q-magnets at ATF2 by S.Kuroda.
- May 18, 2005 , slides : SLAC-trip report on magnet, power supply, magnetic field measurement and mover by R.Sugahara, and quick memo by T.Tauchi
- May 11, 2005, Proposal, PAC05, visit by PAL, ATF2 layout, Shintake monitor and fringe pattern measurement.
- May 10, 2005, meeting memo by T.Tauchi; slides: sketch of updated design, by Y.Honda, and V.Vogel's comment on the temperature control. Design and figure of dents for the frequency change (Q-BPM) by Y.Honda.
- May 9, 2005, meeting memo by T.Tauchi; slides: status and proposed design, schedule by Y.Honda, and agreement(draft) of space for the Q-BPM on Q-magnet with R.Sugahara etc. .
- April 27, 2005 ; discussion on the ATF2 commissioning with the FFTB experiences, and on the production of Q-BPMs and Q-magnets at PAL and IHEP, respectively; slide: Shintake monitor by T.Suehara (ppt, pdf ), basic properties of Q-magnets (pdf) by S.Kuroda, Sketch of Q-BPM on the Q-magnet by Y.Honda, SLAC electronics design of Q-BPMs by M.Ross
- April 20, 2005; PAC05 paper, participants at SNOWMASS, simultaneous measurements of beam size and jitter, commissioning strategy without Shintake monitor etc.
- April 13, 2005 , slides: Angular jitter and beam tilt at IP-BPM by Y.Honda, Q-BPM development plan by Y.Honda, Baseline design and beam dump by S. Kuroda: ( SAD input file, layout of png , eps and ai , geometry file of text and excel ) .
- April 6, 2005, slides: bunch compression by Pivi, baseline and ideal layouts, 5mm diameter beam pipe at IP, coupling correction section by Mark Woodley.
- March 30, 2005, slides: BPM for ATF2 FF, V.Vogel, News: reduction of bends at ATF2 by A.Seryi, MDI studies for SNOWMASS and references of "lower emittance" for gamma gamma collider, T.Tauchi, Shorter bunch length in ATF DR and X band extraction circuit, V.Vogel, and Shintake monitor, Suehara
- March 16, 2005 slides: Bunch shortening by higher harmonic rf cavities at DR and particle losses at FF beam line, E. Kim, FF with 0.2m long Qs, S.Kuroda, and discussion on UK contribution for the Shintake monitor at ATF2 with N.Delerue and M.Ross.
- March 9, 2005,, budget in FY2005, control system at ATF2 (discussion) etc.
- March 2, 2005, slides: Shintake monitor, T. Suehara
- February 23, 2005, slides: ATF2 optics and instrumentation, S.Kuroda
- February 16, 2005, slides: Optics designs for a bunch compressor in ATF2, E.Kim, RF kicker for headon collision, Y.Iwashita.
- February 9, 2005, slides: Magnets of ILC-like optics at ATF2 , M.Kumada, a chicane at ATF2 and the sad file, S.Kuroda.
- February 2, 2005, slides: RF kicker for head-on collision , H.Souda
- January 26, 2005, slides: ATF2 Organization, ( updated on 1 February 2005, T.Tauchi), ATF2 Very Low Ripple Beam Line I(M.Kumada)
January 19, 2005, 90th FFIR meetings, also 12th ILC-Asia WG4 meeting; slides: ATF2 budget in FY2005(T.Tauchi), RF Kicker for head-on collision (Y.Iwashita) and Short review of detector-solenoid effect (S.Kuroda)
December 22, 2004, 89th FFIR meetings, also 11th ILC-Asia WG4 meeting; Japanese memo, Recent topics on high temperature superconducting magnet and pre-talks for the ATF2, MDI workshop, 5-8 Jan.2005, SLAC. slides: Kuroda, Kumada;pdf, ppt, T.Takahashi; pdf
December 15, 2004, 88th FFIR meetings, also 10th ILC-Asia WG4 meeting; Japanese memo, pre-talk for the LC Review committee (Japanese), 16 Dec.2004, KEK.
December 8, 2004, 87th FFIR meetings, also 9th ILC-Asia WG4 meeting; Japanese memo, discussion on the ATF2 proposal.
December 1, 2004, 85th FFIR meetings, also 8th ILC-Asia WG4 meeting; Japanese memo, discussion on the ATF2 proposal.
November 24, 2004, 84th FFIR meetings, also 7th ILC-Asia WG4 meeting; Japanese memo, discussion on laser system at photon collider and ATF2.
November 2, 2004, 83rd FFIR meetings, also 6th ILC-Asia WG4 meeting; Japanese memo, Draft slides at the first ILC workshop, WG4.
October 27, 2004, 82nd FFIR meetings, also 5th ILC-Asia WG4 meeting; Japanese memo, synchrotron radiation profile with 3.2mrad crossing, ATF2 and NanoBPM, layout and agenda of the first ILC workshop, WG4.
October 20, 2004, 81st FFIR meetings, also 4th ILC-Asia WG4 meeting; Japanese memo, ATF2 (final focus test beam) and agenda of the first ILC workshop, WG4.
October 13, 2004, 80th FFIR meetings, also 3rd ILC-Asia WG4 meeting; Japanese memo, more detailed on small angle crossing, optics and simulation.
October 6, 2004, 79th FFIR meetings, also 2nd ILC-Asia WG4 meeting, Japanese memo ; crossing angle and 2nd IP issues.
September 22, 2004, 78th FFIR meetings. differences of BDS between "COLD" and "WARM", and MDI issues (general reviews).
September 8, 2004, 77th FFIR meetings. Brief review of TESLA-BDIR, LINAC simulation and beamstrahlung monitor.
July 21, 2004, 76th FFIR meetings. Capture threshold in the LINAC, Final focus system (SEXT- z-position, dk and d&theta errors).
July 7, 2004, 75th FFIR meetings. Capture threshold in the LINAC, Final focus system (SEXT-position errors), frequency response analysis of the support tube and SLEPT-LINAC simulation (missing quad-movers and missing BPMs).
June 23, 2004, 74th FFIR meetings. Dark current simulation in the LINAC, Final focus system (Q-position errors), SLEPT-LINAC simulation (BNS damping, low beta optics) and FEATHER status and the beam blow up effect.
June 2, 2004, 73rd FFIR meetings. Dark current simulation in the LINAC and FEATHER status and the beam blow up effect, etc.
May 12, 2004, 72nd FFIR meetings. Final focus: lists of errors on dx,dy and dk/k for quadrupole magnets and FEATHER status together with the beam blow up effect.
April 8, 2004, 71st FFIR meetings. Support tube R&D, Final focus:Q's displacement, dark current simulation and FEATHER( BPM calibration).
March 17, 2004, 70th FFIR meetings. Final focus:chromaticity at the ATF2, dark current simulation and FEATHER( first BPM calibration).
March 3, 2004, 69th FFIR meetings. Final focus:chromaticity at the LC and ATF2, beamstrahlung monitor, FEATHER and dark current at the LINAC.
February 12, 2004, 68th FFIR meetings. Radiation effect in FF, chromaticity at the ATF2, support tube with loads, FEATHER and discussion on the LCWS2004.
January 28, 2004, 67th FFIR meetings. Final focus system with L*=3.5 and 4.3m, LINAC simulation and FEATHER.
January 14, 2004, 66th FFIR meetings. Plan in next year, final focus system with L*=4.3m, FEATHER and FFIR test facility.
December 24, 2003, 65th FFIR meetings. LINAC simulation, Short review on wakefield of the collimator, talk on "crab cavity for KEKB".
December 10, 2003, 64th FFIR meetings. LINAC simulation, discussion on the active movers of the FF-Q, and others (FEATHER, background simulation).
November 26, 2003, 63rd FFIR meetings. LINAC simulation, update of the dumpline, final focus system and discussion on the crossing angle.
October 29, 2003, 62nd FFIR meetings. Discussion on the LC advanced R&D.
October 15, 2003, 61st FFIR meetings.
Background study, LINAC simulation with non-linear optics, progress report of support tube R&D, FEATHER status and GM effects at LINAC by SLEPT.
October 1, 2003, 60th FFIR meetings.
LINAC simulation with non-linear optics, GM effects at LINAC by SLEPT, beamstrahlung photon dump.
September 17, 2003, 59th FFIR meetings.
LINAC simulation with non-linear optics, beamstrahlung photon dump.
September 3, 2003, 58th FFIR meetings.
Dumpline with beam dumps, GM model in SLEPT, and permanent magnet R&D.
July 30, 2003, 57th FFIR meetings.
Support tube R&D and beam scattering, dark current at LINAC.
July 16, 2003, 56th FFIR meetings.
FEATHER status, vibration attenuation and requirements for movers at LINAC.
July 2, 2003, 55th FFIR meetings.
Gas scattering at LINAC, and
Main LINAC simulation with ground motion by SLEPT.
June 11, 2003, 54th FFIR meetings.
GM measurement at the TRSITAN ring, FEATHER status.
May 21, 2003, 53rd FFIR meetings.
Ground motion model, FEATHER status and Beam scattering at LINAC.
May 7, 2003, 52nd FFIR meetings.
Plan of support tube R&D in this FY, FEATHER status.
April 23, 2003, 51st FFIR meetings.
NLC crab cavity review, electron beam scattering at LINAC, FEATHER status and BDSIM.
April 9, 2003, 50th FFIR meetings.
Beamprofile monitor, FEATHER status and the dump line.
March 19, 2003, 49th FFIR meetings.
Beam dump, FEATHER status and others.
March 5, 2003, 48th FFIR meetings.
Support tube R&D, FEATHER status and Beam dump, others.
February 6, 2003, 47th FFIR meetings.
Beam dump, and FEATHER status.
January 29, 2003, 46th FFIR meetings.
special talk by Sekazi Mtingwa,MIT, SAD-synchrotron radiations, FEATHER, and crossing angle issues.
January 15, 2003, 45th FFIR meetings.
SAD-synchrotron radiations, fast feedback system (FEATHER) etc. .
December 4, 2002 , 44th FFIR meetings.
BDS simulation, collimation system, final focus magnet, fast feedback system, support tube R&D and background estimations at VTX etc. .
November 20, 2002 , 43rd FFIR meetings.
BDS simulation, fast feedback system, collimation system etc. .
October 30, 2002 , 42nd FFIR meetings.
BDS simulation, fast feedback system, collimation system, support tube R&D etc. .
October 17, 2002 , 41st FFIR meetings.
Fast feedback system, collimation system, final focus system, SLEPT project etc. .
October 3, 2002 , 40th FFIR meetings.
Support tube R&D, collimation system, final focus system, GEANT4 simulation of the BDS, and future efforts.
May 16, 2002 , 39th FFIR meetings.
Support tube R&D, fast feedback, new beam delivery system.
April 25, 2002 , 38th FFIR meetings.
Plan in this fiscal year and recent activities (BD simulation etc. )
April 12, 2002 , 37th FFIR meetings.
TV conference on GEAN4 simulation at the BDS, dump line and superconducting final focus
March 28, 2002 , 36th FFIR meetings.
Support tube R&D , discussion on magnet configurations at FF and dump line.
February 21, 2002 , 35th FFIR meetings.
Support tube R&D (new system), discussion on an organization of BDS group.
January 20, 2002 , 34th FFIR meetings.
New optics with L*=4.5+0.1m, discussion on the beam dump.
December 20, 2001 , 33rd FFIR meetings.
New optics with L*=4.5+0.1m, a design of dump line (up to 200m from IP).
November 15, 2001 , 32nd FFIR meetings.
dump line with SQC1 and sources of beam tail.
October 25, 2001 , 31st FFIR meetings.
support tube R&D and dump line with SQC1.
October 11, 2001 , 30th FFIR meetings.
New final focus system, support tube R&D.
September 27, 2001 , 29th FFIR meetings.
New final focus system, ACFA-LC workshop, support tube R&D.
May 30, 2001 , 28th FFIR meetings.
superconducting QC1&QC2, support tube R&D.
May 16, 2001 , 27th FFIR meetings.
Support tube R&D, superconducting QC1 and QC2.
- no minutes of 26th FFIR meeting.
April 11, 2001 , 25th FFIR meetings.
Support tube R&D,New FF optics, ACFA report, budget in FY2001.
March 14, 2001 , 24th FFIR meetings.
Support tube R&D,Neutron backgrounds at dump line, ACFA report.
February 28, 2001 , 23th FFIR meetings.
Neutron backgrounds, dump line, new FF optics status, ACFA report.
February 7, 2001 , 22th FFIR meetings.
Present status, ACFA report( a web page prepared for most updated one).
January 24, 2001 , 21th FFIR meetings.
Prototype R&D(Yamaoka), ACFA report(1st draft is available).
December 13, 2000 , 20th FFIR meetings.
GM2000 report(Yamamoto), Prototype R&D(Yamaoka), ACFA report.
November 29, 2000 , 19th FFIR meetings.
Prototype R&D(Yamaoka), Superconducting QC(Tsuchiya), ACFA report.
November 15, 2000 , 18th FFIR meetings.
LCWS00 report(Tauchi), Dump line updates(Kubo), ACFA report.
October 18, 2000 , 17th FFIR meetings.
New mask system(Sugimoto), discussion(LCWS00, dump line).
October 4, 2000 , 16th FFIR meetings.
Support tube prototype(Yamaoka), new mask system(Sugimoto), discussion(new BDS).
Semtember 13, 2000 , 15th FFIR meetings.
Progresses,Tauchi(report from ATF2 meeting), talks at the next meeting.
August 24, 2000 , 14th FFIR meetings.
Tauchi(3rd ACFA worshop report),Discussion(FFTB-2),Tsuchiya(min. field gradient
July 19, 2000 , 13th FFIR meetings. Yamamoto(QC of new FF),Tauchi(BDIR2000),
Yamaoka(Support tube prototype plan), Kubo(Dump line).
June 21, 2000 , 12th FFIR meetings. Kubo(Neutron background at Dump line).
June 7, 2000 , 11th FFIR meetings.Yamaoka(3 Tesla solenoid),
Miyamoto(B-field for dump line),Kubo(Dump line).
May 24, 2000 , 10th FFIR meetings.Yamaoka(prototype plan),
Miyamoto(B-field for dump line),Sanuki(tail, SAD),Discussion(BDS minimization).
May 10, 2000 , 9th FFIR meetings.Yamaoka(ANSYS support tube, prototype), Tsuchiya(S-QC1&2),
Miyamoto(B-field for dump line),Sanuki(SAD on linux).
April 21, 2000 , 8th FFIR meetings.Yamamoto(Pantaleo's FF),Miyamoto/Kubo(dump
line),Sanuki(SAD on linux).
April 12, 2000 , 7th FFIR meetings.Yamaoka(ANSYS for ground
motion),Yokoya(beam tain at NLC)
March 27, 2000 , 6th FFIR meetings.Tauchi(repopulation in the
tail),Tsuchiya(S-QC with a slit).
March 8, 2000 , 5th FFIR meetings.Yamaoka(3 Tesla),Sugimoto(syn.rad. from
February 17, 2000 , 4th FFIR meetings.Yamaoka(QC support system),Sugimoto(new
mask design at B=3Tesla),Kubo(dump line, beam tail)
January 27, 2000 , 3rd FFIR meetings.,Yamaoka(3Tesla
solenoid, support tube), Kubo(dump line).
January 12, 2000 , 2nd FFIR meetings.
K.Oide's answers for FF-Q questions are
solenoid), Tsuchiya(First study of S-QC).initiation on dump line.
December 16, 1999 , 1st FFIR meetings (9th JLC structure meeting),Yamaoka(3Tesla
solenoid), Tsuchiya(Superconductiong QC).