Plan in FY2004
Summarize the 1/10 prototype R&D (FY2001-2003)
- complete measurements and ANSYS calculations
- resonant modes at the cantilevers and tube-structure with loads
- adjustment of the resonant frequencies in the two cantilevers
- relative displacement with different resonant frequencies; cantilevers and tube as a function of central "tube" strength
- demonstration of sub-nano-meter stabilization in the support tube;
optimization of the CFRP central tube thickness
- publication of results in summer 2004.
Construct an active mover of the final focus quadrupole magnet (QFF) in the support tube
- active mover system; dynamic ranges and resolutions in x,y and tilt angle
- support tube, 80cm diameter, 3m long; length of the QFF is 2.2m at L*=3.5m (Roadmap report)
- seismic sensors on the QFF and the support tube; compact and non-magnetic sensor
This second plan has not been funded in FY2004.
Update of the support tube system for longer L* (>3.5m)
- summarize/assess the updated system in term of backgrounds in detectors
- define instrumentation in the support tube; QFF, mask, calorimeter, feedback system, pair monitor, beam pipe and vertex detector with horizontal crossing angle of 7mrad and 20mrad.